Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chapter 1: The Reason.

You know who I blame...

The education system. They did this. They said "Go to school so you can learn how to be what you want to be!" "Go to college so you can get a job!" "You can be whatever you want to be in life!" They set us up for all of this GREATNESS!

Once senior year hit I was excited, ready to hit the ground running, I was going to be famous and nothing and no one was going to stop me. I had decided that I was going to attend the University of Pittsburgh and now I had to figure how it was going to be paid for. (Duh duh duuuuuuhhhhh!!!!)

Then I recieved my first letter in the mail about a credit card,
and a bank loan,
and then good ole Sallie Mae sent me some love letters...


It was all beginning...but I had no idea.


You would think that going to college and getting your degree would put you in a good place to build the rest of your life, but with today's economy and the college financial burden...it doesn't look to good.





THANKS ALOT SALLIE MAE!
Signed,
A very unsatisfied and educated woman.

2 comments:

  1. if sallie mae was a person, she'd be a mean girl. i'd secretly dream of knocking of her lunch tray and giggle about her future pre-marital, post-high school babies. I'd envision hanging up on her as she called my mansion from her telemarketing job from nowhere nebraska or leave her a 2 dollar tip at a restaurant...

    but in real life, she's actually be the rich bitch she is. So, i'm nice to her face but my friends and i talk about how much we hate her when she's gone...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOO true!!! One time me and my friend rode past the headquarters on the way to Delaware...we wondered what it looked like on the inside...


    I envisioned money falling from the ceiling and a fountain of the tears of college graduates all over this nation...I feel like I'm right.

    ReplyDelete